Saturday, June 1, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Your favorite storybook characters come to life!
Come and meet your favorite storybook characters...Curious George, The Cat in the Hat, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Maisy, Lily, Little Red Riding Hood, the Berenstain Bears, Rapunzel, and many more!
Storybook Village is a special event to promote early childhood literacy. It is a community collaboration between the Ohio Historical Society, Columbus Metropolitan Library, PNC Bank, Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus\OSU, and the Mascot Organization.Throughout the day, children will be able to meet and interact with their favorite characters and experience a living village and enjoy:
- Photo opportunities and special activities throughout the village.
- Story time every 30 minutes from 10:30 am- 4 pm, hosted by the Columbus Metropolitan Library.
- A community resource fair will feature the library’s Ready to Read Corps, learning checkups by Columbus Kids, and a financial literacy program by the library and PNC Bank.
- An Ohio Village Muffins vintage base ball game at 2 pm. Kids can take their turn at bat after the game.
- Through the Homewood Suites by Hilton Books for Kids Reading Program see, listen, and read about the adventures of Lewis the Duck. Lewis's travels, documented in a series of books, will be given away, while supplies last.
Meet the Following Characters in Storybook Village:
- Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Llama Llama
- Brother and Sister Berenstain Bear
- Cat in the Hat
- Three Little Pigs
- The Gingerbread Man and the Baker
- Mother Goose
- Rapunzel and the Witch
- Hansel and Gretel, and the Witch
- Little Red Riding Hood
Ohio Village is located at 800 E. 17th Ave. Visitors can access Ohio Village through the Ohio History Center museum. For questions, call 614-297-2300/800-686-6124.
Admission (includes village and museum):
Free/Children 6 and under
Special discounts apply for AAA members, active duty military service members, teachers, and WIC & Ohio Directions cardholders