The Kenneth E. Behring National History Day Contest was held at the University of Maryland. The 2013 will be held June 9-13.
Ohio national finalists meet immediately following the state award ceremony to go over details for the trip.
Delegates attending nationals will receive:
• Information regarding online registration
• Information on group travel to College Park
• A T-shirt to wear the NHD Awards Ceremony
• Information about staying in the dorms
• A packet of buttons for trading at NHD
The National History Day in Ohio staff will also schedule time to meet with and consult students on their entries. Meetings are not required, but will help students understand the NHD process.
2012 National History Day Schedule:
June 10th: - Welcome Ceremony, Registration
NHD-OH will have a meeting in the dorm lounge
June 11th: - Junior Judging
A trip for Senior students
June 12th: - Senior Judging
A trip for Junior students
June 13th: - Senior Run-Offs
Trip to Washington D.C. to meet with Congressional Representatives or Senators
NHD-OH pizza party and sign making
June 14th: - Awards Ceremony
2012 National History Day Results
2011 National History Day Results
2010 National History Day Results
2012 National History Day Projects
- Senior Individual Documentary, NHD 2nd place winner: Naomi Hill, "Legacy of the White Rose", process paper and bibliography
- Junior Individual Documentary, NHD 2nd place winner: Isaiah Reaves, "Buses Are A' Comin': The Story of the Freedom Rides"
- Junior Group Website, NHD 3rd place: Joan Colleran and Sachi Gosain, "Furious Reaction Leads to Urban Reform: The Hough Riots of 1966"
- Junior Group Performance, NHD 4th place, Jean Pflum, Jayde Kief, Collette Wagner, Mimi Sang, and Jenna Lawhorn, "The WCTU: The Beginning of a Revolution"
process paper and bibliography
- Junior Group Exhibit, NHD 5th place: Jayla Wolford and Kirstin Burnette, "If Not Us, Then Who? If Not Now, Then When?" The Revolution, Reaction, Reform of the 1961 Freedom Rides
- Senior Individual Website, NHD 9th place: Sydney Constantini, "Our National Disease, Our National Crusade" How America's Reaction to Polio Changed Our Nation
- Junior Group Website, NHD 13th place: Clive Chan and Nate Calabrese, "From Gears to Electrons: The Microchip Technology Revolution"
Past National Projects from Ohio
Exhibit process papers and bibliographies
- Senior Individual Website, NHD 1st place winner: Lukun Zhang, Kennedy's Kiddie Korps: Diplomacy by the Best and Brightest
- Senior Individual Website, NHD 2nd place winner: Anirudh Dasarathy, "The Kansas-Nebraksa Act: The Debate Over the Expansion of Slavery"
- Senior Group Website: Sarah Dombroski and Nicole Miller, "Dropping the Bomb: Moral Debate"
Senior Group Website: Miyah Grant, Erica Norris, and Jesus Cordova, "So Whose Choice Is It?"
- Junior Group Website, NHD 6th place: Joan Colleran and Sachi Gosain, "The Cuyahoga River Fire, How the Smallest Fire Sparked a National Debate on Clean Water"
- Junior Group Website: Clive Chan and Nate Calabrese , "The War of Currents: The Debate That Electrified America"
Junior Group Website: Justin Mascarin, "The Treaty of Versailles: No Lasting Peace"
Junior Individual Website: Kavya Ravichandran, "Heliocentrism: How the Debate Surrounding the Revolution of the Earth Revolutionized Science"
Watch past documentaries and performances on NHD-OH's You Tube page
Documentaries: process papers and bibliographies
Performances: process papers and bibliographies