Join the LGR Listserv
to hear about future training sessions first!
The Local Government Records Program offers several records management training workshops.
"Just the Basics" Webinar
Monday, October 20, 2014
1:30 - 2:30pm EST
The "Just the Basics" webinar will introduce records-keepers to the records management practices in Ohio, including the procedures for creating and filing records retention schedules and certificates of records disposal with the State Archives.
Key concepts will include:
• Pertinent Definitions and Ohio Revised Code
• Local Records Commissions
• Inventory Preparation
• Determining Retention Periods
• Procedures (129th General Assembly’s House Bill 153)
• Records Retention Schedules (RC-2), One-Time Disposal of Obsolete Records (RC-1), and Certificates of Records Disposal (RC-3)
• Storage/Environmental considerations
• Media Type Decisions
The registration fee for this webinar is $20. Please note, the registration deadline for this webinar is Wednesday, October 15.
Credit cards and PayPal can be used for online registration. If you would like to register with a check or to have your government invoiced, please contact Kevin Latta, Government Records Archivist, at email@example.com or 614.297.2572.
Interested in scheduling an on-site training at your organization?
Contact the Ohio History Connection's Local Government Records Program office for scheduling at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614.297.2553.
• 1-hour information session: $150, plus mileage
• 2-hour workshop: $15 (per person), minimum of $750
Method of Payment: Check, credit card, or money orders. We can also send you an invoice. Payment is due within 30 days following the workshop.
The hosting organization is responsible for guaranteeing a minimum of 50 paid attendees or the minimum payment and providing the following functions:
Publicize the event
• Handle registration details
• Make room accommodations
• Photocopy handouts for workshop (master copies provided by OHS-LGRP)
• Make catering arrangements (if desired)