All cultural heritage repositories that hold materials related to Ohio history and make them available to the public are invited to submit collections for inclusion in the Ohio Memory Project. Submitting institutions do not need to have digitization capabilities to participate, although additional costs for digitization will apply. Subscribing institutions will have the ability to add materials to Ohio Memory and create their own digital library. Subscription pricing includes:
- One three-hour set-up and training session on CONTENTdm at your institution (first year only).
- Set-up, loading and storage of images. (Copying/loading images into CONTENTdm and set-up of collection database; also covers cost of server, maintenance, upgrading, back-up).
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) for materials digitized as TIFF files (to allow full-text search capability).
- Institution does all scanning and metadata for digital collections unless other arrangements have been made between the institution and OHS.
- Digital images/records displayed as part of a CONTENTdm “collection” for your institution. You will have the ability to limit by just your items when searching all of Ohio Memory or linking from your website.
Participating institutions also have the option to register for Ohio Memory’s Reproduction Services Program, which provides OHS permissions to fill orders for print and publication orders. Institutions that participate in this program receive 60% of the revenue generated by the sale.
Contact Jillian Carney, Manager of Digital Services, for more information and detailed pricing information. Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (614) 297-2578.